Sunday, May 15, 2011

Go!! Hanshin Tigers!!!

On May 13th, I went to Koshien Stadium to watch the game of Hanshin Tigers!!!!


On this day, we had a game between the Tigers and the Dragons.

The game was of course interesting but there were many things that entertained me a lot at the stadium!! 


First of all, there were many girls and boys who were screaming to sell the alcohol or something to eat with the alcohol at the stadium. 

They were very amiable and friendly to talk with, and very cute!!!! Their way of dressing is very showy because it is easier to be found in a crowd. 


The second interesting point is the way people dressed up. 

Normally people wear the uniforms of Tigers like this. 



However sometimes we can see the very enthusiastic fans of Tigers, who dress up in a unique and showy ways. They wear all the yellow things around them because the color of Tigers is yellow.  They make themselves as flashy as possible anyway. 


The next interesting point is the balloon thing!! 





We blow up the balloons before the attack of Tigers at 7th inning. The reason why we do this at 7th inning is because the number 7 is auspicious. We do this with a certain melody moving the balloons up and down. click


On this day Tigers lost the game, but I could find many interesting things around me at the stadium. 

For me as a fan of Tigers, to win the game is of course important but when I look around the stadium, I could find many unique things, meet new people and have a special time with them. To communicate with new people and shout in unison for Tigers, I can enjoy the moment and feel happy. 


1 comment:

  1. I always like to read about Hanshin. Many students have provided interesting posts about their experiences at Koshien. I have posted a bit as well:

    http://visualanthropologyofjapan.blogspot.com/2010/05/koshien-characters.html

    Too bad they lost that day (this season is a bit difficult...)...

    ReplyDelete